The information we collect
When you register on EXECUTIVE COURSES, personal information such as your name and e-mail address will be collected via our registration form. We will use this information solely to personalize the content you will see based on your personal preferences and to improve our understanding of our users’ needs in developing EXECUTIVE COURSES. We will not share your personal data with any third party, except for certain identifiers (see explanation further below), nor will we allow third parties to send you information to your submitted e-mail address.
While not mandatory, we ask you for certain personal information in order to provide our services. Examples of details we may collect in this context:
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Photo or avatar
If you choose to send an e-mail to one of the institutions listed on EXECUTIVE COURSES by pushing the “Request Information” button, you consent to receiving information from the chosen institution. The e-mail you send will be identified as coming from your personal e-mail address and not from EXECUTIVE COURSES. However, the e-mail will contain an introductory statement indicating that you have sent this e-mail through EXECUTIVE COURSES. Your information may also be stored in EXECUTIVE COURSES's secure system, where it can be accessed only by representatives of the institution from which you requested information.
When you visit EXECUTIVE COURSES, we collect information that helps us deliver our services and improve your user experience. We do so through cookies and other technologies. Here are some examples of the types of information we may collect:
- Browser type
- E-mail provider
- Pages that you read on EXECUTIVE COURSES and how you reached them
- IP address
- Internet connection
As part of this process, a cookie will be placed on your hard drive. This file allows you to move quickly and easily around our site. It enables us to identify returning users and identify registrants. As a registrant, you will have the cookie linked to your e-mail address so that you will not need to log in each time you visit. We may also use a cookie to track a user's sessions. We only use this information to find out what site features are the most popular so that we can develop EXECUTIVE COURSES accordingly. You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. However, once the cookie is deleted, any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be re-entered when you log in again.
We do not collect or track sensitive information about our users, such as religion, ethnicity, and political opinion. When you register for a user account on EXECUTIVE COURSES, you agree to allow EXECUTIVE COURSES to use the e-mail address that you provided to send you regular newsletters, website status updates, advertising for related products and services, and surveys for internal purposes, unless you opt out of this service by submitting a request to unsubscribe through EXECUTIVE COURSES' Contact page.
We process your personal data based on Article 6, Section 1(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why we collect your personal data
We use your personal data with the aim of safeguarding our legitimate interests according to Art. 6 Section 1(f) GDPR. We do so in particular for the following reasons:
- to deliver our services;
- to maintain and improve our services;
- to develop new services;
- to measure user response and user experience;
- to communicate with you;
- to prevent users from posting unlawful, offensive or objectionable comments on our site
You have the right to object to our use of your information by contacting us. We will consider your objections and get back to you with a decision in a timely manner.
How we retain and store your information
We store your information for as long as we need to in order to render our services to you in accordance with applicable law.
We will generally not hold your information for a period longer than 10 years, provided that you do not interact with us or log in to your account during this period. We would only keep your data for longer than this in case we are required to do so by law.
Recipients and transmission of data
The personal data we collect from you is processed in Germany and stored on a German server.
Some of your personal data may be accessible to other users of EXECUTIVE COURSES, e.g. when they visit your profile page.
As EXECUTIVE COURSES is visited by users from all over the world, the usage of our website involves the transmission of data on an international basis. We may also use third party service providers, in particular for technical and business services, tax advisors and legal counsel.
Such third parties will not receive personal data that will directly identify you, but instead will only receive identifiers such as IP addresses and cookie IDs. Your name, email address, and other directly identifying data will only be shared with third parties if you explicitly allow us to share this data. These service providers receive personal data solely for the performance of their services for us on our behalf. They are contractually obliged not to use personal data for other purposes.
Some of these third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area. In such cases, we are implementing procedures and agreements with the aim of safeguarding that the level of protection applied to the processing of your personal data by such service providers is similar to that applied within the European Economic Area.
Users under 16
We do not knowingly or intentionally process personal information from users under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian has informed us that such data has been collected by us, we will delete any details of such users from our records.
We do not engage in automated individual decision-making, including profiling within the meaning of Art. 22 Sections 1 and 4 GDPR, except for our “Courses near me” function, where we show you a tailored list of courses based on your real time location.
Besides being entitled to withdraw any granted consent or exercise any applicable opt out right, you may also exercise the following rights, among others:
- Right to be informed (Art. 13 and 14 GDPR): You may obtain information from us about how we process your data and what your rights are.
- Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR): You may obtain information from us about the purpose of data processing, the categories of personal data as well as recipients of such data, the intended storage period, and the origin of data if it was not collected directly from you.
- Right of rectification (Art. 16 GDPR): You may have inaccurate personal data corrected and amended.
- Right of deletion (Art. 17 GDPR): You may have your stored personal data deleted, except where applicable legal obligations require otherwise. Should you wish to have your stored personal data deleted, please send us an email or letter to the email account or postal address, as the case may be, listed below under “Contact information (responsible party…)” and we will delete your personal data as requested.
- Right to restrict (Art. 18 GDPR): You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): You may obtain your stored personal data in an accessible and transferrable format in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR.
- Right to lodge a complaint (Art. 77 GDPR): You may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in charge. This can be the local authority where you and/or we have our place of residence.
Contact information (responsible party and supervisory authority)
info (at) executivecourses.com
Pritzwalks GmbH & Co. KG
Schönhauser Allee 10-11
Moreover, you may also contact the supervisory authority in charge, e.g. the Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Data Freedom (Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit) for any data protection related queries or for lodging a complaint:
Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Telefon: 030 13889-0
Telefax: 030 2155050
E-Mail: [email protected]